This post may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on January 30, 2023 by Walter
Apple TV is a small box you can connect to your TV. It gives you access to many streaming platforms, including Apple original content. It bridges the gap between smart TVs and traditional TVs. Surfshark for Apple TV provides extra privacy and security. You can also access country-specific content you might not otherwise be able to access, among other benefits. This article will discuss the various ways Surfshark can be set up on Apple TV.
Apple TV doesn't support VPN installation. You can configure Surfshark SmartDNS and VPN services on Apple TV using alternative methods. This guide will show you how to use Surfshark on Apple TV for geo-restricted streaming.
Apple TV is one of the most popular streaming micro consoles. It is a small, portable device that connects to your TV using an HDMI cable. The remote control allows you to interact with the software.
You can stream services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on your Apple TV. These streaming services are often restricted to users who live outside the US.
A VPN with strong unblocking capabilities is the best way to gain access to geo-blocked content and apps on Apple TV. Surfshark, one of the best VPNs that can be used to unblock streaming services on Apple TV is Surfshark.
Apple TV does not support VPN apps natively, so you will need to use Surfshark to configure Surfshark on Apple TV.
In another article, we have detailed the steps to use a VPN with Apple TV.
Surfshark is essential for Apple TV
- More than 3,200 servers in 95 countries
- Servers that only use RAM (no hard drives).
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unblock Netflix and More
- 24/7 customer service
Apple TV is accessible anywhere in the world, so that users can access all Apple services via the device. Apple does not have any control over third-party apps, which the majority of are geo-restricted in the US.
This means that Apple TV content may not be available to you if you are outside the US. Surfshark, a VPN that allows you to unblock streaming apps for Apple TV can be used. Surfshark cannot be installed directly on Apple TV.
You are now left with several options to set up Surfshark for Apple TV. We will now explain how to set Surfshark up on Apple TV. You can also see more top VPNs for 2023.
Check out our in-depth Surfshark Review!
Surfshark on Apple TV Setup Guide
Surfshark VPN doesn't have an Apple TV standalone app. You have three options to set it up on Apple TV.
1. It can be set up using Smart DNS. This method doesn't offer complete protection for your Apple TV.
2. It can be set up via your computer. Although this is a simple method, it involves connecting your Apple TV with your computer and setting up a Wi Fi hotspot.
3. This can be done through your router. This is the most difficult and requires configuration of the router.
These methods can be complex or simple depending on your technical skills. This article will walk you through each step.
Surfshark is available for your Apple TV AT 82% OFF
Setting up an Internet connection via Smart DNS
Smart DNS, or Smart DNS Proxy, is a Surfshark function that allows you to change the DNS servers on your local connection to Surfshark's. This allows you geo-restricted content to be accessed by taking advantage of their location. This method allows you to access platforms you couldn't access before but it doesn't offer privacy or security. Let's take a look at the steps involved in using Smart DNS on Apple TV.
- Surfshark accounts can be accessed. Surfshark offers subscription plans that can be purchased online.
- Expand the “My Account” page and click ” Smart DNS.”
- Surfshark will now detect your IP address and activate Smart DNS. Click on the button to activate Smart DNS.
- Two Smart DNS IP addresses will appear on your screen once you have activated it. You can choose one.
- Go to settings on your Apple TV and choose “The network.” “
- Click the tab for your Internet connection (WiFi or Ethernet), and then click on the name of the network.
- Click on “Configure DNS ” and go to.
- We must configure it manually so select “Manual” and not Automatically.
- To complete the process, enter any one of the DNS addresses from step four and click “Done“.
- Restart the Apple TV.
- It is easy to set up Smart DNS. This method is not suitable if you require security or want to bypass geo-restrictions.
Setting up a connection via PC
Surfshark can be set up on your Apple TV using a variety of methods. The most popular method is to create a virtual router on your computer that allows you to share your internet connection with your Apple TV. Let's look at how to turn your Windows 10.1 computer into a virtual router.
- Go to your system's computer settings page, and choose “Network & Internet” from the menu.
2. To turn it on, switch to Mobile Hotspot.
3. Scroll down to select “Change adapter settings” below “Related settings.”
4. Right-click on your VPN connection and select “Properties.” “
5. A new window will open. Click on the “Sharing” tab at the top.
6. Select Allow other network users to connect via this computer's Internet access” The box.
7. Click on the drop-down menu to select the Access Point Network you have just created, and then click on “OFFICE” button.
8. Connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot that you have just created by going to Apple TV
It is easy to create a virtual hotspot from Windows 10 on your computer. Let's now see how it works on macOS computers.
- Open System Settings on your computer, and choose “Sharing.” “
- Select the Internet Sharing option from the list at the left of the window.
- Share your link from Select your Surfshark VPN connection in the list.
- “To computers, they use” list. Select the “WiFi” option. This is to create a Wi-Fi Hotspot. This means that everyone who connects to your Wi-Fi network will be able to access the connection in step 3.
- To configure Wi-Fi access points, click on the button.
- The default settings are sufficient, but you might want to modify some settings such as “Password”, or “Network name.” Always make sure to enable “Security” option for Personal.
- Select “OFFICE” and then click “Start” in the next popup window.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot that you have just created by going to Apple TV
This method has one limitation: you can't connect to multiple Wi-Fi networks at once. You will need to have an active Surfshark VPN network at the start of these processes (Windows 10 or macOS).
Setting up a connection through your router
Although it can be difficult to set up Surfshark on an Apple TV via a router, it provides complete protection. Before you begin the configuration process, make sure Surfshark supports your router. Surfshark also has a list that it doesn't support on this page.
FlashRouters offers pre-configured routers. Pre-configured routers eliminate the need to set up routers manually. If you don't have the budget for one, you will need to get an OpenVPN client installed on your router before you can configure Surfshark. Let's look at how to configure Surfshark using a custom DD/WRT router firmware.
- Surfshark subscribers can sign up and then go to this page for their service credentials. Below “Credentials tab, you will see your service credentials.
- You will find a list server lists under the “files” tab. Copy the name of the server that you select.
- You can access the router's admin panel by entering your IP address (usually 192.168.1.1), and the username and password (usually administrator).
- Select “Set”tab, then go to “Network Address Server Settings DHCP (DHCP). Enter the following:
- Static DNS 1 126.96.36.199
- Static DNS 2 188.8.131.52
- Static DNS 3 : 0.0.0.0 (default).
- DNSMasq is a good choice for DHCP
- DNSMasq is a great tool for DNS:
5. Then select “Services” tab. Next, click on the “VPN” tab and enable OpenVPN Client.
- Port: 1194
- Tunnel Device: TUN
- Tunnel protocol: UDP
- Encryption key: none
- Hash algorithm: SHA512
- User pass authentication: Enable
- Username: Your username to Surfshark
- Password: This is your password for Surfshark.
- Advanced options
- TLS cipher: none
- Disabled: PPE compression
- NAT: Enable
6. Add the following to the field “Additional Configuration”:
- Remote-certificate-tls server
- No binding
- tun-mtu 1500
- tun-mtu-extra 32
- mssfix 1450
- reneg-sec 0
- cipher AES256-GCM
- auth SHA512
- log /tmp/vpn.log
7. Surfshark accounts allow you to download the CA certificate as well as the TLS auth keys for the server that you have selected in step 2. Open the CA certificate file with a text editor and copy its contents to the field. Copy the contents of the TLS authkey to the field.
8. Click on Save or Apply Settings confirmation buttons.
9. After you have confirmed that the connection is active you can connect the Apple TV to your router. To confirm, go to “Status tab at top of screen and then choose “OpenVPN”tab.
Surfshark is available for your Apple TV at 82% OFF
Why use Surfshark to watch Apple TV?
Surfshark is a great option for your Apple TV. Here are two reasons to use it:
1. Security and privacy
Surfshark's primary goal is to protect devices against external cyber threats. This is achieved with military-grade encryption and DNS/IPv6 leak protection, perfect forward secrety, perfect forward secrecy and an automatic Kill Switch. It also has MultiHop servers, CleanWeb (an anti-adware and malware blocker) and secure protocols such as OpenVPN. Surfshark Alert, Surfshark Search and other features help you check whether your private data has been leaked and preserve anonymity.
2. Geo-restricted content available
While protection is important, many VPN users only want to be able to access geo-restricted content. You may not be able to access certain Apple TV shows depending on where you live. Surfshark lets you virtually travel to 65 countries in order to access Apple TV's catalog.
Common questions regarding setting up Surfshark for Apple TV
Can Surfshark protect my connection on Apple TV?
Surfshark will protect your connection with Apple TV. Surfshark has security features that will keep you safe. You can be sure your connection will not leak with its military-grade encryption and perfect forward secrecy. Secure VPN protocols like OpenVPN, WireGuard and IKEv2 are also available. It also features an automatic kill switch, as well as other safe modes that offer privacy and security.
Can Surfshark be used on other Apple devices simultaneously with Apple TV?
Surfshark can be used on other Apple devices simultaneously with Apple TV. Surfshark does not limit the number of simultaneous connections that a single user account may have, unlike other VPN services. Surfshark accounts can be used to connect to as many Apple devices and Apple computers as you wish.
Does Surfshark on Apple TV impact my streaming quality?
Surfshark for Apple TV can affect the quality and quantity of your stream. VPNs can slow down your connection speed and reduce streaming quality. Surfshark, a top VPN service provider, does not reduce the quality of your connection.
It is important that you remember that streaming quality largely depends on your internet connection. A VPN can cause a significant speed drop if you have poor internet connections. Surfshark is not likely to cause any issues if you have a good internet connection. Surfshark can also improve streaming quality if you have an ISP that throttles your internet.
Can Surfshark be used on Apple TV?
Surfshark is generally legal for Apple TV. It is possible that it may not be legal to use VPNs in certain countries. China, for example, has ban several VPN service providers. However, no Chinese law makes it illegal to use VPNs in China. Surfshark is available on Apple TV in many countries.
Apple TV offers a wide range of content, but options for those outside the US are limited. VPN is the solution. You can set it up on Apple TV using the above methods.
Surfshark's SmartDNS and VPN services are among the best tools available for Apple TV users. They allow you to unblock streaming sites no matter where in the world. You can find more guides on our website, such as Free VPN for Windows.
Surfshark offers a low-cost VPN package that includes premium features. Surfshark can help you protect your internet connection and access the Apple TV library from other countries. This article should help you set up Surfshark for your Apple TV.
Did you find this article useful?
Please feel free to share it