This post may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on August 30, 2023 by Walter
NordVPN works excellently and is compatible with Apple TV, but the installation process requires some effort. This guide will help you follow all the steps needed to set up NordVPN for Apple TV and break geo-restrictions worldwide.
Apple TV is a popular streaming console, which is the Amazon Firestick device. The console comes with myriad streaming apps, and users can download various other streaming applications through the App Store that are accessible via Apple TV.
However, as with most streaming services online, most of the apps and content available on Apple TV are geoblocked and only work in the US. If you're located outside the US, it's only half the value that comes with Apple TV, which is quite unfair.
It is a good thing that VPNs can solve this restriction on geo-restriction and enable Apple TV users around the globe to access blocked applications. However, not all VPNs are effective enough to allow access to restricted apps and services. To make the most of the use of an Apple TV outside of the US, NordVPN is one of the best available options.
The only issue is that you aren't able to use NordVPN direct for Apple TV because tvOS doesn't support VPN applications. It is necessary to connect NordVPN to your router or create the virtual VPN hotspot connection shared by your Apple TV. But, you can create NordVPN on your iPhone directly through the App Store.
As the setup of NordVPN for use on Apple TV is a tricky task, it requires its own set of instructions. I'm going to try making it as simple as it is possible to follow the required steps to start getting NordVPN in operation with unrestricted use of Apple TV applications and features from anywhere in the world.
Table of Contents
What is the reason you require NordVPN to connect to Apple TV
Streaming services typically impose geographical restrictions on content to restrict their content to specific regions, as stated in the licensing agreements signed with studios and production houses. Ultimately, Apple TV users outside the US can access a wide range of content because of geoblocks.
NordVPN will help you bypass these restrictions by utilizing its massive range that includes five hundred and fifty-five servers from the United States. to the land. All you have to do is connect to a US server to access the majority of Apple TV streaming applications.
However, the problem here is Apple TV doesn't have native support for VPNs such as NordVPN. Find more top VPN services that we recommend in 2023.
You require a router set up to use NordVPN; then you'll need to attach the Apple TV to this router. In the next section, I'll guide you through different methods you could use to link to your Apple TV to NordVPN to remove the restrictions on streaming content you want to stream. It is regarded as one of the top VPNs working with Apple TV.
Use of NordVPN using AppleTV – Different methods
There are a variety of different ways to set up NordVPN for use on Apple TV:
- Install NordVPN on your router, then connect the Apple TV to the VPN-enabled Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to a virtual hotspot via your laptop with NordVPN.
- Use the connection to share it over Ethernet.
Install NordVPN to connect with Apple TV via WiFi router
NordVPN can be used with most router models currently in use. However, the service recommends specific ASUS models because they work well with NordVPN.
So, you can set up NordVPN to be installed on your router so that every device connecting to Wi-Fi will automatically connect directly to your VPN.
Many router models are compatible with NordVPN. It does recommend only a handful of ASUS routers.
If you find a manual configuration to be too complex or you're not confident with it, for whatever reason, you can purchase pre-configured routers from FlashRouters.com. They're a bit costly, but they can take away the trouble of setting up NordVPN on the router yourself and reduce the chance of having your router's firmware blocked when something goes wrong in the manual configuration.
Note: If you set up NordVPN in a router, all devices are connected via Wi-Fi connection to NordVPN. This means you will get the same security and privacy advantages across all devices due to NordVPN.
You might also want to read how to use NordVPN on PS4.
Set up NordVPN to work on Apple TV via virtual WiFi hotspot
The other method is to create a virtual hotspot on your laptop and sharing it with Apple TV. Apple TV. Here's how to set up the virtual hotspot on your laptop that has NordVPN installed and connect the Apple TV to it:
1. Open Settings for the Windows computer > Network and internet > mobile hotspot.
2. Then select Wi-Fi, and then turn on the mobile hotspot like in the following image:
3. Now open Settings, Network, and Internet > Edit adapter settings:
4. Locate this adapter from NordVPN, right-click on it, and then select Properties:
5. Click to open the sharing tab and tick the box that reads, “Allow other users on the network to connect through this computer's Internet connection.”
6. Finally, select the drop-down menu and select the network connection you have just made, as in the following image:
Your virtual hotspot is now been created successfully. Start NordVPN Connect to any server of your choice, which is preferably one that can unlock the streaming content you'd like to watch through Your Apple TV. Connect the Apple TV to this virtual hotspot and share NordVPN's connection to Apple TV. Apple TV.
Install NordVPN via Apple TV via Ethernet cable
You could also use an Ethernet wired Ethernet connection on your laptop to share it with the Apple TV. Be sure to are enrolled in a NordVPN subscription and that the VPN is running on the laptop with the Ethernet connection you connect to.
The steps to share your Ethernet cable with Apple TV from your laptop are largely the same as the procedure for creating and sharing an online hotspot.
1: Open Network and Sharing Center > Click Open Network & Internet Settings.
2. In the window which appears, Click Change adapter options.
3. Locate your NordVPN Tap Adapter and right-click on it, and choose Properties:
4. Now open the sharing tab and check the box that reads “Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection.”
5: Choose “Ethernet” as the network that you want to connect to at home and then click OK after you've completed it.
6: Now, join your computer to your Apple TV with an Ethernet cable. Launch the NordVPN application on your PC. Connect to the US server so that Apple TV can use this NordVPN connection. This will allow you to connect to blocked streaming applications immediately..
How to set NordVPN on Apple TV Via DNS
Another option you could use could be to use using the SmartDNS option. The SmartDNS option lets you set up the Apple TV to bypass geo-restrictions without needing a VPN. This allows you to stream with lightning speed and without using a VPN can slow down your speed. The only drawback (which is massive) is that you're not protected because you're not using an VPN. Here is the procedure for setting up the DNS. It involves three key steps.
This involves the creation of the DDNS hostname:
- It is essential to choose the external DNS hostname service. We suggest the Dynu.
- Visit the Dynu website and click register an account in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Complete all of the required details and then send. (Ensure you provide a current email address because you'll require it to confirm your account.
- Once you've submitted your information, a message appears on the screen, letting you know that an email verification was delivered to the email you provided. Visit your email address and click the verification link to verify your newly created Dynu account.
- Log into the newly-created Dynu account and then click DDNS services.
- Click to Addin in the upper right-hand corner.
- The second step offers two choices. You could use Dynu's (much simpler) domain name or your domain name when you already have one. The options are there regardless of what you pick. Select the one you like and click to add.
- Switch on ” Alias with wildcards” and then enable to use of the IPv6 address. Click Save. Your Dynu account is now established.
- Purchase a NordVPN subscription.
- Log into the website dashboard and then open DNS settings.
- Click Dynamic DNS Registration.
- Input into your Dynu hostname and then add Dynu.com at the end.
- Choose the option to save the hostname. An ” Updated” message will pop up.
- Take at least 15 mins to allow NordVPN to identify changes in IP.
Set up the DNS settings on your Apple TV
- Make sure you turn the on to your Apple TV
- Go to Settings> Network> Wi-Fi
- Choose your networks
- Then, click to configure DNS.
- Click Manual
- Input the IP address that you obtained
- Select “Done” and Restart your Apple TV
Keep in mind that the DNS does not provide any protection at all. You are at risk. If you're looking to protect yourself, use a VPN. Any of the options mentioned above will suffice.
Why would you want to use NordVPN to access Apple TV?
NordVPN is a top VPN and has many advantages. Here are the advantages you can get from NordVPN using your Apple TV.
1. Server Coverage
NordVPN is among the most extensive coverages of servers among VPNs. It provides over 5400 servers spread across 59 countries. You can connect to a variety of locations from your own home. The connections are robust and stable.
2. Unblock Skills
NordVPN provides blocking nearly incomparable capabilities. It allows you to unblock content from around the globe on your Apple TV. You can access content from Netflix, Spotify and iTunes on your Apple TV. With NordVPN, you will not be able to experience geographical restrictions that could prevent you from enjoying the entertainment you desire.
3. Security and Privacy
The use of NordVPN on an Apple TV not only gives access to entertainment and connectivity as well as security. Nord VPN offers the best security and privacy to your devices. You can safely browse the internet and stream whatever you'd like.
It utilizes AES 256-bit encryption and a kill switch to ensure your data is inaccessible. Even the government or most skilled cyber criminals can't get to you now. The site also has a no-log policy that guarantees that no personal information is stored. This is the ultimate level of security and safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use NordVPN on Apple TV?
Yes, you can use NordVPN using the Apple TV. NordVPN is an eminent brand that offers security and privacy online and provides access to geo-restricted websites. It has 5100+ servers spread across more than 60 countries. It streams content with no problem, even if restricted channels are blocked.
Additionally, NordVPN has recently implemented integrated features that improve security and stream. It employs high-security AES SSL encryption with 256 bits of encryption. It also has security protocols and features like a kill switch and a malware guard to offer additional security. It has a fast speed for servers and an uncompromising no-logs policy to protect your security.
How can I connect my NordVPN account with an Apple TV?
You can configure NordVPN for use with the Apple TV. Start by setting your VPN option on your router at home. Once you have established NordVPN, then open the app and navigate to Settings to select the devices you wish to use the service on. Once you have completed the router configuration, you can join the Apple TV. NordVPN ensures that the Apple TV is secured through its VPN service and keeps your web browsing location and activities from being seen by anyone trying to monitor you.
Can Apple TV work outside the US?
Yes, the brand-new Apple TV app, which is currently accessible in over 100 countries, combines the various ways to find and view episodes, movies, and other media into a single application. However, if you're not located in any of these countries, you can watch any time via an efficient VPN like NordVPN.
Can I use a Free VPN with my Apple TV instead of NordVPN?
It is possible to use Apple TV to connect your Apple TV to connect to the free VPN server. But, it's best not to use the service for free since it doesn't provide the same level of security as NordVPN, and you are at risk of being targeted by hackers when you use it. You cannot assure access to AppleTV using a free VPN also. There is a chance that AppleTV will restrict them. Free VPNs do not offer the same quality features NordVPN has to offer. We suggest using NordVPN.
Apple TV is the perfect device for those who want to enjoy the entire TV's entertainment, shows, and films on a single platform. Geoblocks limit Apple TV's potential because many apps are restricted to specific geos.
NordVPN is among the most reliable services that integrate in conjunction with Apple TV and allows users to get around geo-restrictions. It's not easy to set up your VPN for the Apple TV, but the benefit is that it only needs to go through the procedure only once. Once you've completed the configuration, you'll be able to use NordVPN on your Apple TV whenever you want simply by connecting your router.