Last Updated on November 30, 2021 by Walter
Today we're going to show you the steps on how to watch Locast Abroad. Locast, a US streaming tv service, allows users to view live streams from OTA TV stations. The service was launched by David Goodfriend, an NYC attorney. It is a fantastic service that sources content from OTA antennas. However, if your location is not in the US or one of the major US cities, you won't be able to watch it. To unblock geo-restrictions, you can use VPN. To watch Locast, simply connect to a good quality VPN and choose the US location.
How to watch Locast from Anywhere With a VPN
Locast, as we said, is a non-profit organization. You can watch it anywhere you like if you follow these steps.
- Surfshark VPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a risk-free 30 day trial
- Surfshark VPN App on your Device
- Connect to a VPN server located in the USA. Connect to Locast supported cities. New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta are some of the most popular server locations.
- Go to https://www.locast.org and sign up
- Take in your favorite sporting events and shows.
People have long wished to be able to view free-to-air broadcasts in America for many years. The problem is that even though the broadcasts are free, you will often need to subscribe to a streaming, cable or satellite service to access them in the US. This is why the service is so great. You now have options if you are traveling abroad or outside of your home broadcasting area. To stream live your favorite shows, simply connect to a VPN server located in a supported area and visit Locast.org.
What is Locast?
- Locast, an American non-profit, offers live over-the air (OTA) streaming from antennas in US markets.
Is Locast available in my region?
- Locast is expanding its reach and is available in 28 US cities. These locations are in Atlanta, Baltimore and Boston, Chicago, Dallas. Chicago, Dallas. Dallas. Denver. Houston. Indianapolis. Los Angeles. Madison. Miami. New York. Phoenix. Rapid City. San Francisco. Scranton. Seattle. Sioux City. Sioux Falls. Tampa Bay. Washington DC. West Palm Beach.
Which cities can I use a VPN to watch Locast?
- Compare the VPN's server locations to the Locast markets. Surfshark VPN is recommended by us. It allows you to connect with servers in Atlanta and Chicago, Dallas, Denver Los Angeles, Miami San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa and Washington DC.
How to activate Locast on TV streaming devices?
- You will need to bring up the activation screen on your Android TV or Roku Firestick in order to activate Locast. Go to locast.org, and click the “Activate” button at the top. You will need to create an email account and verify your address. You will be able to enter your activation code on the “Activate” screen. After you have submitted the code, your TV streaming device will be able to access the live TV guide.
What Locast alternatives do you have?
- It all depends on what your goals are. If you are looking for local news channels, CBS News, ABC News or NBC News can provide you with free access. Premium OTT services such as CBS All Access, Peacock and ESPN+ can be accessed by those who desire more content.
The Best VPNs to Watch Locast Abroad (Outside US)
We focused our search on VPN providers that have fast networks in the United States when deciding which VPN services we would include in this post. Stable network connections were what we looked for in VPNs. It is not a good idea to lose connection during a sporting event. Each of the selections is a good choice for streaming live events. Let's take an in-depth look at the top VPNs for Locast.
How to get Locast on Firestick
- Open your Firestick device, and use the Search icon on the screen.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type Locast. All the relevant apps will be displayed.
- Select the app you like from the suggestion list, and then click Download to install it on Firestick.
- Select Open for Locast on Fire TV Stick.
- Click the Login with Code button to receive your activation code.
- Go to www.locast.org/activate.
- Type the code into the appropriate field, and then click on Submit.
- Locast content can be streamed on your Firestick once activated.
How to stream Locast on Firestick from outside the US with a VPN
- To hide your IP address and bypass geo-restrictions of streaming apps, a VPN is required.
- Click the Search icon on the Fire TV Home Screen.
- Type Surfshark VPN into the search box and choose it from the choices below. (Or you can use another VPN, you can see other recommendations below)
- Select Get the VPN app.
- Click Open for Surfshark VPN to be launched on Firestick
- Login with your account credentials.
- Select the US VPN server to connect.
- Open the Locast app in the Your Apps & Channel section to stream the contents from any location.
1. Surfshark VPN- Best VPN for Locast, with Fast Servers
Enjoy 3 months for free when you sign up for our #1 rated VPN now at 82% discount
Surfshark VPN means that you don't have to be in the US to access streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu and HBO Now. You can connect with MediaStreamer to stream US TV shows, whether you're a tourist from the US, or you just love to watch some American shows. You can view any US TV show from anywhere around the globe. You can also view channels from other countries.
Surfshark VPN is the best choice for protecting your privacy. This provider offers privacy protection, encryption protocols, and other security features. If you've ever struggled to create a secure password you can find help here. Surfshark VPN offers a random password generator that can be used to generate secure passwords. You can create multiple passwords and download the generator page securely if you want to use it offline.
Surfshark VPN is our #1 rated VPN. Over the years, we have tested hundreds of VPN services and ExpressvPN has been our top choice. Surfshark VPN is an excellent choice, whether you need to keep your data private on WiFi networks or access streaming services from other countries. You can sign up for unlimited VPN access for 12 months and receive 3 months free with our current promotion. Surfshark VPN offers a 30-day money back guarantee that gives you ample time to try the service. You can check the Surfshark review here.
2. NordVPN – NordVPN hosts VPN servers all over the USA
Get a 24 month subscription for only $3.30 per Month (72% Discount)
NordVPN isn’t the most established VPN provider, but they are certainly making a mark in this space. They are extremely popular and their name is derived from the Nordic values of trust, confidence and innovation. You can't visit any media outlet without seeing some type of advertisement since their 2012 founding. They claim that they have 12,000,000 users around the world. NordVPN is a great choice. To help you achieve your VPN goals, they have a vast network.
It's not surprising that certain sports have significant followings around the globe. Some sports have an international audience, while others are only supported in their home countries. You can find coverage of specific sports almost anywhere. NordVPN will allow you to connect to a VPN server if you're not in an area with coverage. Find the country you wish to view and connect to it.
There are many streaming services available in the United States, including Hulu, HBO Now and US versions of Netflix, Amazon and Amazon Prime. NordVPN can help you connect to a VPN server if you are a fan of American TV and movies, want to travel abroad, or just want to watch one of these great shows. You can connect to a VPN server and quickly access all these services.
NordVPN can help you connect to a VPN server if you like to stream sports from your mobile device. Many providers now allow their users to stream certain sports free of charge. Baseball and American football are two great examples. You would be unable to watch these games if you were traveling overseas or if you were not in your local area. You can regain access to your games by connecting to a VPN like NordVPN.
3. WeVPN – A recent network upgrade has good performance
Sports leagues such as the English Premier League are very well-known no matter where you live. It can be challenging to view the English Premier League teams from outside the UK if you are a fan like Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal. Connect to a VPN server in the UK using WeVPN to access your favorite team. Once you have connected, you can log in to your viewing app using your credentials.
WeVPN has more than 1400 servers in over 75 countries. Although it may not seem like as many servers as others, you can rest assured that they have enough servers to support your needs. Encryption overhead can slow down your internet connections if you don't know. We can assure you that the service works well in the United States and is very fast. This means that you don't need to worry about performance issues, no matter what you do on the network.
4. StrongVPN – A pioneer in the VPN market
You probably know that if you travel abroad you may miss your favorite shows and movies. StrongVPN will allow you to connect to any server. It is easy to connect if you're from one of its servers. You just need to choose your country of origin or the one that you wish to view content from, and then connect to it. This will allow you to enjoy the content you want.
DDoS (Distributive Denial of Service), can cause serious problems for gamers. These problems occur when hackers try to flood servers or computers to overwhelm them. You can solve this problem by connecting to StrongVPN's VPN server. No one wants hackers to prevent them from enjoying their favorite games. You just need to find a server near you and connect to it to protect yourself from these types of attacks.
You can watch the service from a variety of locations, as you can see. You can access your favorite networks from anywhere as long as you are connected to the right area. You don't have to miss your favorite channels. This post is shared with friends to allow them to enjoy their favorite US OTA TV channels from any location around the globe with a VPN. Follow us @MyVPNhub to receive the most recent deals and guides.
Locast provides channels such as ABC, CBS and NBC, FOX, PBS. PSB Kids, CW, Telemundo and a lot more. Although the app is completely free, donations are required. A minimum donation of $5 per month is required. Processing fees are an additional fifty cents. The app is currently only available for streaming in the United States. You can watch the app outside of the US by using a paid VPN service.