This post may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on December 13, 2022 by Walter
If you're here, you have one of these HTTP proxy errors in Amazon Video, and we are going to show you how to fix Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error with a VPN.
Your device is connected to the internet using an HTTP proxy, which blocks you from watching your video. Please close or disable proxy programs and try again.” Please disable it and try again. for more help, go to primevideo.com/vpn.”
This indicates that your Smart DNS proxy server or VPN has been detected. This is common for Smart TV owners, as Smart TVs use the Smart DNS system that some streaming platforms don’t like.
A VPN, also known as a virtual private network, allows you to unblock certain services such as Amazon Prime Video from outside your region. This works by encrypting the internet traffic of your device and routing it through another country. If you want to view the American version Amazon Prime Video, for example, you will need to connect to a US server. Amazon blocks IP addresses from many VPN servers. This means that only the most reliable VPNs are allowed to bypass these restrictions.
Here's a quick summary of the top VPNs that can fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error.
- NordVPN fixes the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error. You get exceptional speeds, 24/7 support and many security features. 30 day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark VPN A versatile and affordable VPN that offers fast speeds, unblocking capabilities, and no limit on active connections.
- WeVPN Reliable and fast connections Support is available 24/7, the app interface is user-friendly and encryption provides high levels of security.
- CyberGhost unblocks Amazon Prime, and offers an application for Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick. You can connect up to seven devices simultaneously. You can protect your online privacy by following a strict no logs policy.
- PrivateVPN Fast streaming service for Amazon Prime. It is easy to use and supports up to six simultaneous connections. Encrypts your data.
- Hotspot Shield unblocks Amazon Prime Video easily. Over 3,000 high-speed servers are available worldwide. It boasts strong security features, including unbreakable encryption.
How to fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error
You don't have to do anything to correct the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error. There is an easy and quick solution.
- We recommend NordVPN as a VPN service that works with Amazon Prime Video.
- Make sure you download the right software for your operating system. VPNs that are the best offer both desktop and mobile apps. Some offer browser extensions.
- Open the browser extension or VPN app and connect to the server in the region where you want to access the internet. For example, it could be the USA.
- Open Amazon Prime Video to view the content that you are interested in. You should see the content unblocked and no HTTP proxy error.
- If the HTTP proxy error persists, you can clear your browser's cookies. You can also try another server, or contact customer service at your VPN.
WANT TO RISK-FREE TRY THE TOP VPN?
Sign up here to receive a 30-day free trial of NordVPN. The VPN rated #1 on Amazon Prime Video is available for free for one month. This is ideal for watching your favorite shows while on a short vacation abroad.
There is no catch: If NordVPN is not for you, simply contact customer service within 30 days to receive a full refund. Get your NordVPN trial started here.
There are many VPNs available on the market, which can make it hard to choose the right one. We've narrowed the selection of VPNs by focusing on those that meet these criteria.
- Amazon Prime Video Servers and Fast Connections
- A global network of servers in many countries
- Secure browsing with encryption, kill switch and password
- Privacy protection through a user-first log policy
- Apps for mobile and desktop are easy to use
- Allows simultaneous connections on multiple devices
The Best VPNs Fix Amazon Prime HTTP Proxy Error
NordVPN operates with Amazon Prime Video and has more than 5,000 servers around the world. There are many servers and IP addresses that can be found worldwide, so it is possible to find one that supports geo-restricted content. NordVPN is compatible with many streaming services, including Netflix, Hulu, and HBO Go. NordVPN boasts the fastest servers and unlimited bandwidth. This makes it ideal for streaming, browsing, and video calling.
NordVPN is a good choice for the money. It can be used to protect up to six devices. It also offers browser extensions and intuitive apps that are easy to use. NordVPN offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS protection and a kill switch. The VPN service is located in Panama, which has no data retention laws. NordVPN has a no-logs policy despite this fact.
NordVPN apps can be downloaded for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome and Firefox also have browser extensions. Manual setup is required for routers.
- It works well with Amazon Prime Video subscriptions as well as Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services
- Over 5,000 servers are available to unblock geo-restricted content
- Strong security and strict no-logs policy to protect users' privacy
- We've never seen a faster service.
- Browser extensions and apps that are user-friendly
- Servers can sometimes be a little unpredictable.
BEST VPN TO FIX A PROXY ERROR – NordVPN is our top choice. It resolves the Amazon HTTP error and boasts fast download speeds. You can even get a 30-day money back guarantee to make sure you are satisfied.
Check out our complete NordVPN review.
Save 65% on your 2-year plan
Surfshark, a relatively new VPN service, was launched in 2017. Surfshark can fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy problem and also works with Netflix, BBC iPlayer and Hulu. Surfshark VPN has high-speed servers located in more than 60 countries. Surfshark has high-speed servers in 60 countries so you shouldn't have any connection issues unblocking geo-restricted content.
Surfshark's most notable feature is its ability to connect unlimited numbers of devices. Surfshark allows you to secure all your devices simultaneously with your family. We found it to offer excellent 24/7 customer service, which was helpful and prompt to respond. Surfshark is easy to use and comes with well-designed apps. Surfshark offers data protection with AES encryption up to 256 bits, DNS leak protection and a kill switch. It is based in British Virgin Islands. The company has strict no-logs policies, which prevent any connection logs or internet activity from being kept.
Surfshark has apps available for Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS and Amazon Fire TV. Chrome and Firefox also have browser extensions. Manual configuration is required for Linux and routers.
- It works well with Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and other streaming services
- Unlimited internet connections
- Live chat available 24/7 for customer support
- High security encryption and no-logs policy.
BEST BUDGET VPN: Surfshark is a great value overall. You can stream Amazon Prime Video from abroad without the HTTP proxy error. It provides an app for Amazon Fire TV that allows unlimited connections and offers 24/7 support with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Enjoy 3 months FREE when you sign up for a 2-year contract
Get the Deal
WeVPN is a goodchoice to fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error. The VPN boasts over 100 servers across 64countries. It has worked well with Amazon Prime Video. WeVPN is ideal for streaming platforms because it offers good bandwidth, high-speed connections and secure access to platforms such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer and ESPN.
WeVPN's customer support is one of its best features. Although you don't likely need it often, it is available 24/7 via email and live chat. It is very user-friendly and offers a wide range of browser extensions and apps. It's easy to set up and connect to a server. Then you can watch Amazon Prime Video.
Your online security is crucial, whether you are streaming Amazon Prime Video or browsing the internet. WeVPN protects you from DNS leaks and encrypts your traffic using 256-bit AES encryption. Split tunneling and a kill switch allow you to choose the traffic that you want to route through WeVPN. WeVPN does not keep logs and is located in the British Virgin Islands. There are no data retention laws.
WeVPN can be used on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS. There are extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Amazon Prime Video streaming from fast servers
- Works with Netflix, Hulu, and many other streaming services
- There are many security features, including encryption and split tunneling.
- Headquartered on British Virgin Islands. No data retention laws
- There are very few options available
WELL-ROUNDED VPN: WeVPN is a great option. It is fast, reliable, and can stream Netflix and Amazon Prime Video with ease. You get a 30-day money back guarantee.
Save 49% on your annual plan
Get the Deal
Coupon automatically applied
CyberGhost, a highly secure VPN service, prevents Amazon Prime from getting an HTTP proxy error. CyberGhost also offers an app for Amazon Fire TV, Fire Stick and other devices, making it a highly attractive choice. You can access geo-restricted content anywhere in the world from more than 6,400 servers located in 90 countries. The unlimited bandwidth and high-speed servers allow streaming video services in 1080p HD with no noticeable buffering or lag.
The VPN allows for up to seven simultaneous connections, making it a great choice for families. Easy-to-use apps make it a great choice for beginners. CyberGhost makes it simple to keep your online data safe with AES encryption of 256 bits to protect you from DNS and IP leaks. This Romania-based VPN service also includes an automatic kill switch as well as a strict no logs policy.
CyberGhost provides the following apps: Windows and Mac, Linux, Android, iOS. Amazon Fire Stick. Android TV. Chrome and Firefox can use browser extensions. Routers must be set up manually.
- App for Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick
- High-speed internet connections to stream Amazon Prime Video
- All-round security, including encryption and a policy that does not log any data.
- More than 5,700 servers are available around the globe to unblock online content
- Doesn't work in Turkey, China, UAE
- Advanced features are difficult to control
GOOD CHOICE FOR BEGINNERS – CyberGhost is fast and offers great security. It also allows you to unblock Amazon Prime Video content from other countries. It provides an Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick app. You can use it on up to seven devices at once. 45-day money-back guarantee.
PrivateVPN is a fast VPN service that works well with streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. This VPN is smaller and has servers in 60 countries, including the US. We found that the connection speeds were very stable and there was no buffering when streaming 1080p. PrivateVPN allows you to connect up 6 devices simultaneously. Each device is assigned a unique IP address.
PrivateVPN customer service is not always available, but it's great because you can speak directly to the developers. PrivateVPN offers remote desktop support, in addition to live chat and email. The apps are very user-friendly, so even beginners shouldn't have any problems. PrivateVPN is based in Sweden and claims that it does not keep traffic logs or know what you are doing online. PrivateVPN offers 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak prevention and a kill switch.
PrivateVPN can be used via the apps on the desktop (Windows, Mac), and mobile (Android, and iOS). But, routers and Linux require manual setup.
- High-speed servers to stream Amazon Prime Video and Netflix
- Secure with encryption and a kill-switch feature
- Up to 6 simultaneous connections
- Remote desktop support and live chat support
- Smaller network with around 100 servers
- There is a limited selection of apps that don't require browser extensions.
FAST SERVERSPrivateVPN offers fast VPN services for streaming Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. Secure up to six devices Easy-to-use apps with all the essential security features. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Editor's note: Hotspot Shield, Comparitech’s parent company, is owned by Pango.
Hotspot Shield gives you access to over 3,000 servers across 70+ countries. This makes it simple to establish a low latency connection. The download speeds are fast enough to stream live HD video without any noticeable lags or buffering. This VPN provider allows you to bypass Amazon's proxy error and works with major platforms such as Netflix US, BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub.
The service includes many powerful security features. You get 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, and a kill switch that stops all traffic if you suddenly disconnect from the VPN. You can also choose to automatically connect whenever you use an unsecure wifi network. Certain websites can bypass the VPN. Hotspot Shield does not keep any personal information after the session ends. Do you need assistance? Live chat is available 24/7 to provide assistance.
Hotspot Shield offers easy-to-use apps for Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
- Amazing unblocking power
- Fast enough to stream without lag
- A good range of security features
- Not the best privacy record
- No Linux support
HOTSPOT SHIELD IS VERSATILE AND SPEEDY: Hotspot Shield is fast and secure, making it an excellent choice for anyone who wants to use Amazon Prime (or other region-locked online services) from abroad. The VPN is backed by a 45-day money-back guarantee.
What VPN can I use to fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error
Amazon is extremely efficient in identifying VPNs and blacklists their IP addresses regularly. This means that most free VPNs will not work. These IP addresses are often flagged by free VPNs that have too many users and too few servers. The best paid VPNs for Amazon Prime Video, however, have thousands or hundreds of IP addresses and servers. Some paid VPNs offer apps for Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire Stick.
You may experience comparatively slow performance if you are lucky enough to find a VPN that unblocks Amazon Prime Video. Free VPNs are often slow and have very limited bandwidth. It will be difficult to stream HD videos without being interrupted frequently by buffering or severe lag.
A free VPN should be avoided for security reasons. Free VPNs are not the best for protecting your data. In fact, some VPNs offer very low encryption levels. You may not have an automatic kill switch or other important security features. Free VPNs can even sell logs of your online activities to third parties.
What can I see on Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime Video is a popular streaming video service that provides a variety of TV shows and movies, as well as its own original content. You can watch everything with the best VPNs for Amazon Prime, including:
- Jack Ryan
- Some like it hot
- The Boys
- The Americans
- Women of the 20th Century
- The Handmaiden
FAQ: Amazon Prime Video VPN Error
Why am I being redirected at primevideo.com/vpn
It could be that Amazon Prime Video is redirecting you to a different website because it detected you are using a VPN. You will need to either disable your VPN or connect to another server to get a different IP. Clear your browser's cache, and cookies before any changes take effect.
Is it legal to use a VPN to view Amazon Prime Video?
It is legal to use a VPN for Amazon Prime Video if you are not in a country that bans VPNs. Netflix is also legal. Check out our Where are VPNs Legal? To learn more about VPNs in your country, please visit our Where are VPN's Legal? article.
Is Amazon going to cancel my membership if I use a VPN?
Although it is legal to use a VPN for Amazon Prime Video access, this could be a violation of Prime Video’s terms and conditions. Your account could be terminated. It is unlikely that your account will be canceled as many people use VPNs with Prime Video without any issues.
How do I use NordVPN's split tunneling feature for Amazon Prime Video?
Split tunneling lets you choose which apps and websites use your VPN connection. NordVPN actually offers this feature. This feature is available on Android, Windows, and Android TV. It can be accessed through the settings menu. You can select apps to activate or deactivate the VPN, such as Amazon Prime. If you prefer to stream Amazon Prime Video unencrypted, you can choose to do so.
What is the error code 1044 for Amazon Prime Video?
NordVPN may have detected that you are using a VPN if you receive the Amazon Prime Video error code 1004. You can bypass an HTTP proxy error like this by connecting to another server or changing your IP address. Before you visit Amazon Prime, make sure your browser has cleared all cookies. This will ensure that Amazon Prime does not remember your old IP address or location. The VPN should now be accepted by the client.
We hope that My VPN Hub was able to assist you in identifying the issues and then how to fix the Amazon Prime HTTP proxy error. If you have any questions, please comment below and we'll get back to your soon.