This post may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on January 27, 2023 by Walter
FuboTV is a geographically restricted website, which means you can't usually visit it if you're not in the United States, Canada, or Spain. However, we investigated here at MyVPNHub and discovered that you could get FuboTV from anywhere worldwide if you have a trustworthy VPN.
In this article, we'll provide you with troubleshooting suggestions to help you get your VPN functioning. Then, we'll go over why is your FuboTV not working with VPN and give guidance to allow you to stream in the shortest time possible.
See below quick, tested, and recommended solution:
How to Watch Fubo TV Abroad (Quick Fix)
- Get Best VPN for FuboTV (Surfshark VPN)
- Connect to your VPN connection and then join a server within either the US, Canada, or Spain
- Log into your FuboTV account.
- Watch and relax with FuboTV.
Why is FuboTV not working with VPN?
Services for streaming like FuboTV make every effort to block VPNs, and this is to stop users from streaming outside their authorized region. In the end, FuboTV will give you the following error message when you attempt to stream while connecting to the VPN:
“fuboTV content is currently not available in your location.
“If you get the following message while connecting to a US VPN server, FuboTV might have removed your VPN. In this case, the VPN may not be able to fix your VPN, and you could have to change providers.
Try the troubleshooting techniques in this guide to make 100% certain that your VPN isn't functioning. If you've exhausted every option, you'll need to change to the FuboTV VPN known for constantly blocking Fubo TV abroad.
If you're on the other side, you've already signed up for a VPN that works with Fubo TV. Then, you can use the suggestions in this guide to resolve the FuboTV proxy issue.
Below, we've listed a few of the reasons your VPN may not be able to stream FuboTV:
- FuboTV blacklists IP addresses by the VPN server
- The GPS location and the IP addresses of your gadget don't coincide.
- FuboTV has placed a cookie on your device, which tells you it is not in the US.
- Your IP address is leaked, and the VPN cannot hide your IP address.
- The server you're using isn't suitable for FuboTV.
See Also: How to Fix Sky Go VPN Not Working
How can I use a VPN to Watch FuboTV outside of the country?
If you're not familiar with VPNs, you may be wondering how you can use a VPN to get access to FuboTV during your vacation. If this is the primary issue, follow these steps to begin streaming immediately:
- Select the VPN that allows you to stream FuboTV outside of the country. We suggest Surfshark VPN because it's rapid, safe, and reliable.
- Use the following link to connect to your favorite VPN using FuboTV. Thanks to our special coupon deals, our link allows you to join at the lowest price possible.
- Sign up for your favorite VPN with FuboTV and install the VPN application. The recommended apps are available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. This allows you to watch FuboTV from any gadget.
- Install the VPN application on your device, and then log in.
- Connect to a VPN server located in the US and then launch FuboTV using the app or your browser.
When the VPN connects, you'll be able to stream the content of your FuboTV account from overseas. If you encounter any issues watching FuboTV, you can follow the troubleshooting steps below to address any problems and restore it to working.
How to FIX FuboTV not working with VPN Issue?
Below, we've listed a few of the most common problems and fixes users face when trying to stream FuboTV using a VPN:
Slow VPN causes buffering on FuboTV.
If the issue you have lies in the fact that your VPN has caused poor quality video playback and a lot of buffering, you might require a more efficient VPN.
If your current VPN does not appear listed on our list of recommended VPNs that work with FuboTV, You may have changed to a different provider.
If you're having issues caused by an inefficient VPN connection, you can try these suggestions:
- Connect to a US server that is physically close. We recommend trying servers on the east or west coast depending on your location. Be aware that a server nearer to your site will be quicker.
- Contact your VPN provider to tell you which US server is best suited for streaming.
- Try to change the VPN protocol within your VPN application. We suggest WireGuard, OpenVPN UDP, or IKEv2.
See Also: YouTube TV not working with VPN: Easy Fix
VPN doesn't work with Fubo TV
If your issue is more severe and your VPN cannot block FuboTV completely, we must follow our troubleshooting guidelines. The positive side is that these tips will work if you've signed up with one of our suggested VPNs!
Here's how you can solve the issue with a VPN that's not working with FuboTV:
- Reboot your PC, restart the VPN application, and open your browser again.
- Try restarting the VPN to ensure it's up-to-date.
- Clear the cache and cookies from your internet browser.
- Try connecting to an alternative US VPN connection.
- Try a different browser.
- Ask your VPN what US server is compatible with US streaming services such as FuboTV.
- Make sure whether DNS leak protection has been activated within the application.
- Make sure to use an alternate VPN protocol.
- Change to streaming from your laptop or desktop PC instead of a mobile.
- You can disable geolocation/location sharing in your browser and device.
The suggestions above will get you through any issues that may arise, stopping a VPN from blocking FuboTV. However, if you're still experiencing problems, It's a good idea to get in touch with the customer service of your VPN. The VPNs we recommend have a live chat and email support 24/7.
What are the Best VPNs for FuboTV? (Tested in 2023)
If you're interested in knowing which VPNs are compatible with FuboTV and other FuboTV-compatible VPNs, read our complete guide. However, if you're in a rush, We've provided a short list below:
The top VPNs for watching FuboTV outside of the US:
- Surfshark Vpn: The Best VPN available for FuboTV. It allows unlimited connections for the same account. Lightning-fast WireGuard protocol. It is easy to use across any platform. No logs policy. It provides access to FuboTV, Netflix, Hulu, and many more. It has many advanced features.
- NordVPN: Top VPN for FuboTV. The fastest servers are available across 15 US cities. Compatible in conjunction with FuboTV, Netflix, and more. Supports up to six concurrent connections. Secure encryption and zero logs policy. 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Cyberghost: the best FuboTV VPN for new users. US servers allow you to unblock FuboTV. Secure with an encryption of 256 bits and a water-proof no-logs policy. It allows 7 simultaneous connections. It is compatible with Netflix.
- ExpressVPN: High-speed servers in 94 nations, including the US. Based on FuboTV as well as the two twelve Netflix catalogs. Live chat support is available 24/7—innovative applications for all platforms.
- PIA VPN: US-based VPN which works great with FuboTV. There are servers in more than twelve US cities. Provides unlimited simultaneous connections: secure encryption and no logs policy.
Does Free VPN work with FuboTV?
No. Although some free VPNs are readily available, We recommend staying clear from them for various reasons.
Free VPNs offer a small number of servers and are crowded with thousands of users who have no cost across the site. Unfortunately, this causes the VPN to be inefficient for streaming HD media, which creates buffering issues.
Additionally, they are slow and inefficient; the absence number of servers that these free VPNs come with makes them easy to block and identify. Therefore, it's simple for streaming services such as Fubo TV to stop these VPNs. Unfortunately, we've yet to discover a cost-free VPN compatible with FuboTV.
In addition to these issues with performance, Free VPNs aren't appropriate for privacy or security. Free VPNs have intrusive privacy policies that permit them to track your activities while connected with the VPN. This allows the VPN to monitor your activities for profiling and sell your personal information to third parties, such as data brokers and marketing firms. This is not what is what a VPN should be doing.
The research has also proven that free VPNs are not secure. They have inadequate encryption, information leaks and servers, application security holes, and some apps deliberately filled with spyware. So it's no surprise that using free VPNs poses an enormous risk to the security of your devices and your privacy.