This post may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on April 8, 2023 by Walter
Is Disney Plus not working with VPN? Don't worry we have the solution for you. All popular VPNs have been blocked by Disney+. VPNs that worked previously have stopped working suddenly. VPN subscribers who purchased VPN subscriptions to unblock Disney+ are stuck. Surfshark VPN is the only VPN currently available as of the May 30, 2023. It works flawlessly, as we tested it extensively.
Since its launch in November 2019, Disney Plus has gained immense popularity in a short period. Its fantastic content is the reason Disney Plus has become so popular. You can watch some of the most popular shows, including Star Wars, The Mandalorian, and The Simpsons if Disney Plus is available in your country.
What about countries where Disney Plus isn't available?
It is possible to unblock Disney Plus, as we mentioned before, with Surfshark VPN.
Even the most reliable VPNs can sometimes have problems. Even if your VPN app works perfectly, it might still be unable to unblock Disney+. Reddit is full of complaints about VPNs not working with Disney Plus.
This is why I have created a quick troubleshooting guide to help you access Disney Plus using your VPN.
Let's not delay and get started with our guide.
Surfshark VPN – Best Working VPN for Disney Plus ([Tested May 2023)
Surfshark VPN is the recommended VPN for Disney Plus. It has 33+ US servers that can offer fast streaming speeds up to 87Mbps over a 100Mbps connection. It's also well-known for its state-of-the-art security features and unblocking performance. You get a 30-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked (81% discount) and a 3-month complimentary subscription for your annual subscription.
What should I do if Disney Plus not working with VPN?
You can use the following quick troubleshooting tips if your VPN app work but you are still not able to connect to Disney Plus.
Fix Disney Plus ‘Unable To Connect Error
This error occurs when the server experiences too much traffic. Servers can't function properly due to overload. This error message says, “there seems to have been an error connecting to Disney+”.
The ‘unable to reconnect' error will disappear when there is less traffic or more server capacity. It's best to avoid watching Disney+ during peak hours, even if you have to deal with some traffic. The following are also options:
- Log out, open the application once more, and log back in.
- Close the window and log out of your account.
- Refresh your internet connection.
Fix the ‘Disney Plus not available in your Region.”
This error might appear if you attempt to access Disney+ in a country that doesn't offer the streaming service.
Disney Plus is a geo-restricted program available in the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Anyone from Norway cannot access Disney+, for example, unless they use a VPN that is best for Norway and exchange their actual location and IP address with a Norwegian one.
Reliable VPNs allow you to unblock Disney Plus servers and stream the service at lightning-fast speeds. We recommend Surfshark VPN to do this.
Fix Disney Plus Other Issues Related to Streaming
An unstable internet connection could cause streaming problems. When this happens, you might get an error code. There are a few error codes related to connectivity: 24, 29, 42, and 43. A message will be displayed on your screen if an error does not occur.
Sorry, we are unable to play the video that you requested. Please try again. Please visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error code xx) if the problem persists.
For HD streaming, Disney+ requires a connection of at least 5+ Mbps, and for streaming 4K UHD content, 25 Mbps is required.
These methods can be used to fix connectivity problems:
- 1. To receive better signals, you can move your router.
- 2. Change to a wired internet service.
- 3. Restart all devices, routers, and wifi.
- 4. An internet speed test will show you the average internet speed.
- 5. If you have a device that consumes a lot of data, turns off the internet temporarily
How to fix Disney+ errors?
Let's take a look at how to fix Disney+ mistakes:
How to fix Disney+ error codes?
You might encounter multiple hardware or software errors while accessing Disney+. These errors could be displayed in numbers such as Disney Plus 42 or 83. A small message may also be displayed on your screen.
It seems that something went wrong. Please try again. Please visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error code xx) if the problem persists.
Traffic overload is the most likely reason you are experiencing an error. You may just be able to access the service by refreshing it or logging in again.
How do I fix Disney+ Error Code 39?
You might see the following message if Disney+ error 39 occurs:
Sorry, we are unable to play the video that you requested. Please try again. Contact Disney+ Support (Error code 39) if the problem persists.
This error means that your streaming setup for Disney+ is not secure. This error could also indicate that your HDMI cable or streaming service is not secure. Although error code 39 can be found on all devices, it is more common in Xbox One.
These steps will help you to fix the error code 39 on Disney+.
1. You can use a different HDMI cable or change it.
This error may be repeated if you keep getting it. You might consider switching to another HDMI cable to see if the problem is solved. If the HDMI port works fine, you can binge on Disney+ without any problems.
2. Start the Disney+ app again:
You should refresh the app if you have a Disney+ app on your device, such as Xbox One.
3. Reload the video
You can refresh the video if you see the Disney+ error code39. This error is usually temporary and will disappear once the video is refreshed.
4. Use a different streaming device:
This error is most common in Xbox One. However, you can fix it and still watch Disney+.
5. Reset your device
The factory reset option can check if your Xbox One is working correctly.
Fix Disney+ Error83 (Device Compatibility Issues)
This error is usually caused by Disney+ not being compatible with your device. Disney+ can only be used on a limited number of devices. Therefore, you should verify that your device is compatible with Disney+.
This error could also be caused by a server issue or a poor internet connection.
The following devices are compatible with Disney+:
- Browsers for the web
- Smart TVs: Android TVs and LG TVs. Samsung Smart TVs.
- Gaming consoles: Apple TV and PS4 as well as Xbox One.
- Smartphones and tablets: Android phone and tablet (iPhone and tablet),
- Other devices: Roku, Chromecast
How do fix Disney Plus issues on different devices?
These are the easiest ways to stream Disney+ from your device without hassle.
1. Make sure your internet connection is stable. Sometimes, streaming services are blamed for showing errors. However, the problem is your internet connection. Your internet connection must be fixed if you want a buffer-free, error-free streaming experience.
2. Restart your Disney+ app. This will likely fix the problem.
3. If your Disney+ app is outdated, upgrade to the most recent version. You may experience an error if you use an older app version.
4. To make Disney+ work, clear the cache on your device. Clear your browser's cache if you are accessing Disney+ from a PC. Follow these steps for the phone: Go to Settings, then Applications, Disney+. This will take you to the Clear Cache option.
How do I fix the Disney Plus error on FireStick that doesn't work?
Here are the steps to fix a Disney+ error that you may encounter on your Fire Stick device:
1. Log out of your Disney Plus account to log back in:
Sometimes, this simple solution can solve your problem. This is why you should:
- Open the Disney+ App on your Amazon Fire Stick.
- You can access Settings from the side menu.
- To log out, press the select button.
- Allow some time for you to log back in.
2. Check that the Disney+ servers remain online.
Downdetector can be used to check if Disney+ servers have been down. This website will tell you if Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime are down.
3. Clear Disney Plus cache:
Disney+ stores some of your data to give you faster speeds and better performance. Its cache could corrupt your data and ruin the experience. Clear your cache by:
- Go to Settings on your Fire Stick device.
- Navigate to Applications and select Manage Installed Apps.
- Clear its cache by finding Disney Plus on this list.
4. Check again and restart your router
You should restart your router if there is an issue with your internet or if your speed is not sufficient to meet the requirements of Disney+. You can test the speed of your internet to find out what it is capable of.
How to fix Disney+ cache issues on gaming consoles and set-top boxes
Clearing your Disney+ cache from gaming consoles and set-top boxes could fix any Disney+ issues. Let's look at the steps you can follow to clear your cache on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PS5, Smart TVs, Xbox, and set-top boxes.
Fix Disney+ Cache issue for Sony PS4 and PS5
1. Go to Settings.
2. Choose Storage and then System Storage.
3. Select Saved data
4. Click on Disney+ and then select Options.
5. Select to delete or select your cache from your PS4/PS5 device.
Microsoft Xbox Xbox: Fix Disney+ Cache problem
1. Go to the main menu of your Xbox.
2. Choose My Games & Apps.
3. Choose Apps>Disney+ title.
4. Use the Menu button on your Xbox controller to access it.
5. Choose More Options>Manage app
6. Clear cached data from your Xbox.
Smart TV and set-top box issues with Disney+ cache fixed
1. Turn on your Smart TV/set-up box.
2. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Apps.
3. Select Disney+.
4. Clear the Disney+ cache from your Smart TV/set-up box by choosing ‘Clear Data' or ‘Clear Cached'.
Disney plus Payment Method Failed: FIX
Your credit card information was not sufficient to complete your payment request. Please enter your credit card information again or use another method of payment. You might get a Disney+ payment error when subscribing to this streaming service. If this happens, you might see an error message similar to this on your screen.
This error happens when a part of your information is not correct. This includes your postal code, zip code, security code, and any other information. Also, ensure your billing address and credit card expiry are correct.
See Also: How to watch Disney Plus in Philippines?
Additional issues and errors with Disney+
These are not the only error codes you may encounter with Disney+.
1. Error 4: This is usually a payment error. This could happen if your credit cards expire or your Disney+ region isn't in the correct region.
2. Error 9: This is usually a problem with login. You can also resolve the problem by verifying your details.
3. Error 11: This error could be displayed if Disney+ has stopped working in your area or if your VPN isn’t working.
4. Error 13: This error indicates that your device limit has been reached. If your device limit has been reached, you might see error 13.
5. These errors can occur when your VPN stops working, and you try accessing geo-restricted content.
6. Error 25- This error is the easiest to fix. This error can be fixed by refreshing your Disney+ app. Sign out, then sign back in.
7. Error 30: This error could occur when there is an issue with device registration
8. Error 31: This could be a problem with your VPN or location settings.
9. Error 32 or 87 – This problem can be fixed by changing your password, checking your billing details, or simply resetting it.
10. Error 38: This could be an error related to time settings. This error might be caused by your time settings being set to automatic.
11. Error 41: This error could be caused by traffic overload.
12. Error 76: This error usually appears on the screen when Disney+ is experiencing overloading issues.
13. Error 86: This error informs you that your account has been blocked or violated the terms.
Why Does Disney Plus not Work with VPN?
Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, are excellent tools for accessing geo-restricted websites. However, there are some websites and services like Disney Plus that are so restricted that VPNs are not able to unblock them.
You will need a reliable VPN service to bypass geo-blockers that prevent VPN users from accessing Disney Plus.
Only a few VPNs currently offer enough servers or unblocking features to allow you to access Disney Plus. Surfshark VPN is a VPN that will allow you to unblock Disney Plus anywhere you are.
FAQs – Disney Plus Not Working
Why doesn't Disney Plus work on the blackscreen?
A glitch or hard reset could cause a black screen. You should remove the app from your phone and reinstall it.
My Disney Plus login button is not working.
If your Disney+ login button does not work, you can use any of these solutions:
1. Register and log in.
2. All browser extensions must be disabled on your device.
3. Disable your VPN.
4. You can access it in private mode.
5. Reset your router.
6. You can use any network.
Why can't my Smart TV get Disney Plus?
Disney+ works with all devices, including Smart TVs and Android TVs. If the Disney+ app isn't available on your device, you will need to upgrade it. As an alternative to Disney+, you can use Chromecast or Fire Stick.
Are Disney+ plans available in Asia?
Disney Plus is currently only available in Singapore and Indonesia. It's been a huge success with consumers. The best VPN for Taiwan is required if you wish to view Disney+ in Taiwan or other Asian countries.
There you have it. I hope you don't have a problem with Disney plus not working with VPN Although VPNs help bypass geo-blocks, it is not easy to unblock streaming services such as Disney Plus.
You should be able to access 8 Disney Plus libraries with a trusted VPN service like Surfshark VPN. However, if your VPN service is less well-known, you may need to take one of the troubleshooting steps in this guide.
This guide should have helped you get your VPN service connected with Disney Plus. You can leave any suggestions or questions in the comments section.