This post may contain affiliate links
Last Updated on September 10, 2023 by Walter
Do you want to learn how to fix Hulu proxy error with a VPN? No worries, we've got you covered! Hulu is a popular streaming service in America. Hulu has a great content library that includes great movies, successful shows, and original content from some of the most prominent names in entertainment.
Hulu, however, is only available in America and the only solution is using a good quality VPN. Why good quality? Because free VPNs are recognized easily by Hulu and flagged so you can't use those IP addresses for long, if at all. And that's the main reason you get the error, even while using VPN.
Table of Contents
Hulu proxy error: Fix Hulu Proxy Error with a VPN
- Choose a reliable VPN. Surfshark VPN is our recommendation – Save 81% now!
- Register now and download a VPN for your device.
- Follow these steps to install a server in the United States.
- Register at Hulu to create an account.
- You have full access to all Hulu content without any error messages!
Hulu proxy error: Reasons
Hulu access can be blocked for many other reasons. Some of these are listed below.
- Hulu, an American-based streaming service, is only available in the United States. You will get an anonymous proxy error if you attempt to access it from outside the U.S.
- ISP providers typically assign shared IP addresses to users. Hulu may blacklist IP addresses that are found to be in violation of its terms and conditions. If you have the same IP address as another user, you will get an error similar to an anonymous proxy.
- A virtual private network (VPN) is the most common reason for a Hulu proxy error. Some users use the VPN service to protect their privacy, while others are only able to access limited services.
Hulu will only unlock trusted VPNs. We've tested many VPN providers and found that Hulu can identify most VPNs, except Surfshark VPN.
Every time you connect to a VPN a new IP address will be assigned to the location.
VPN providers assign IP addresses for VPN users. Hulu has many IP addresses.
They block access to VPNs and store your IP address in their databases.
Surfshark VPN continues to expand its IP addresses, and server count.
Hulu's IP database assigns an IP address every time there is a new one.
How can a VPN resolve Hulu error messages?
A VPN that allows you to unblock Hulu is the best way to bypass its geo-restrictions, proxy blocks, or error messages.
Hulu can verify your DNS and IP address to see where you're trying to access the content. This is avoided by a VPN, which always displays the IP and DNS of its server. You can now access Hulu by simply selecting a US server.
A VPN must have a good server selection. Hulu will search for VPN servers people use to access their content. The more VPN servers you have, the better. Hulu is unlikely to find all servers so we recommend a VPN that has multiple servers in the US.
Strong encryption is also a must for your VPN. This will protect Hulu from seeing your exact location.
These are just a few of the features that a VPN should offer:
- Easy transmission via fast connections
- Reputation for successful streaming services
- There are many servers to choose from
- There are no limitations on how many devices you can connect
- There are many platforms supported, including desktop, tablet and mobile.
You'll never again see an error message from Hulu if you have a VPN that does these things.
How to fix Hulu error on Windows
There is an easy solution if you are using Windows on your laptop or desktop and trying to access Hulu from outside the US. These are the steps you need to enjoy award-winning Hulu movies and other great content.
- You should consider a VPN to protect your computer. Surfshark VPN is recommended to watch Hulu.
- Follow these simple steps to install VPN on your PC.
- After you have set everything up, connect to a US server.
- Log in to Hulu and you will see that there are no error codes.
- You can relax and enjoy Hulu on Windows.
How to fix Hulu error on a Mac
Hulu errors can be annoying on all devices, so it is important to have a VPN that works across multiple platforms. Apple offers a variety of devices you can use for content viewing, including desktop computers as well as iPhones and iPads. NordVPN is very useful as it offers apps for iOS devices and Apple's desktop OS. Here are the steps to get it working:
- NordVPN can be downloaded on your Mac, or you can find it in Apple's App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- Register and install Surfshark VPN on an Apple device.
- Connect to a server in America.
- Sign in to Hulu without any difficulties – no error code
- Enjoy Hulu!
How to fix Hulu error in Android
Many Android-based devices, including tablets and smartphones, as well as smart TVs and smart TVs are available. A VPN that is compatible with Android apps is a great way for you to access different Hulu devices. It's easy to connect.
- Go to the Android store for your device.
- Download and install Surfshark VPN.
- Register, log in and choose a US server.
- Open Hulu without any error codes in sight
- Get your favorite series.
You are using a VPN and still cannot access Hulu?
You can bypass most of Hulu’s geo-restrictions by using a VPN. You may encounter problems. These troubleshooting tips can help you resolve any unexpected problems.
- Clear Cache – Hulu may sometimes detect your location using cookies and browser data
- Switch to a VPN server – Hulu might have blocked your current server. However, a good VPN like Surfshark VPN should offer many options.
- Buy a better VPN. If your VPN has few servers, you should get one such as Surfshark, NordVPN, or WeVPN.
Hulu: Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How can I watch Hulu outside of the USA?
Answer: Hulu can be viewed outside of the US by using a reliable VPN provider that has servers in the US. Surfshark VPN is our recommendation.
Q2: What does Hulu cost per month?
Answer: Hulu starts from less than $ 5.99 per month